Reasons to Visit Capitola
Capitola is the underrated beach town of adorableness that you may have missed when you were journeying between LA and San Francisco. While Capitola is certainly packed in the summer and difficult to park in, it is still a perfect sunny beach and great beach town that is totally worth trying to get to. If you’re like me, and you find that half the fun is wandering through the alleyways, you’ll love Capitola. Theres so much charm and so many great photo-ops just waiting to happen here! I promise you won’t be bored.
If you’re choosing between Capitola and Santa Cruz, Capitola is 100x better. Stay in Santa Cruz for the prices, but go to Capitola for the town and the beach. I know some people love Santa Cruz, but I didn’t find it to be remotely fun. Not gonna lie. It was crazy over-crowded and it looked a little beat up and run down. It was only a 10 minute drive to Capitola from out hotel on the outer edge of Santa Cruz, and I’m so glad we decided to explore there on an impulse instead. Capitola actually ended up being my mom’s favorite part of our entire Pacific Coast Roadtrip.
So Why is Capitola so amazing? Heres a few reasons for ya:
1. It has that laid-back vibe — perfect for relaxing on the beach.
2. It has great fishing (or so they told me 🙂
3. It has a picturesque boardwalk that you can climb under for that perfect picture.
4. It has the happiest looking beach houses known to mankind.
5. It has fantastic alleyways — a wanderer’s dream!
Pin it for later: